Three values are rooted in the Catholic tradition-dignity of the human person, reverence for all creation, and the good of the whole based upon the Gospel message. With this in mind, the goal of the science curriculum for our students is that at all grade levels students
- Think critically, logically, analytically, and ethically.
- Express ideas orally and in writing using correct terminology.
- Apply techniques to real world situations, identifying and solving problems within the situation.
- Recognize learning is woven into their everyday lives and that an understanding of this is important to functioning in today’s world.
- Become more active readers.
- Engage in learning activities, willingly take risks and demonstrate confidence in their skills.
- Utilize technology appropriately.
- Recognize the importance of life-long learning.