Happy Birthday Jesus
I say this every year, teaching in a Christian environment is a blessing for me. It really means so much to me to be able profess my faith without fear of retribution.
There is so much going on this month that it is difficult to stay focused. Please help me help your children by keeping them on the right track.
What we are doing:
- Grade eight is working with functions.
- Seventh grade has just about conquered linear equations.
- Sixth grade is far ahead of projected time line, rates and ratios.
- Fifth grade is continuing with basic geometry.
As far as the Stock Market game, all I can say is has been our year. We hope to do better come the spring.
Some challenging word problem for the month:
- A car is traveling 75 kilometers per hour. How many meters does the car travel in one minute?
- Stuart bought a sweater on sale for 30% off the original price and another 25% off the discounted price. If the original price of the sweater was $30, what was the final price of the sweater?
- Four congruent isosceles right triangles are cut from the 4 corners of a square with a side of 20 units. The length of one leg of the triangles is equal to 4 units. What is the area of the remaining octagon?